Looking for help and support from your union?
UCU SHU branch has experienced and trained caseworkers and reps who can help. Everyone is a volunteer – with a full workload themselves – so things sometimes may take a bit of time.
1.Talk to your rep
2. Go to a drop-in or surgery
If you need a bit more in-depth support and advice – we run regular sessions where you can talk to a UCU caseworker face-to-face:
– Member drop-in sessions: Usually straight after Branch meetings at 1pm on the third Wednesday of the month. No need to book, just turn up.
– 30 minute surgery slots at City: Usually early afternoon on the first Wednesday of the month. You need to book via firstname.lastname@example.org
– 30 minute surgery slots at Collegiate: Usually morning on the fourth Wednesday of the month. You need to book via email@example.com
3. Caseworkers for formal meetings and procedures
We can allocate you a caseworker if you are being called to a formal meeting or procedure. We might need a bit of time to find someone, so it could be that you need to postpone your meeting. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Free advice and counselling
Don’t forget – as a UCU member you have free 24 hour access to the Education Support Partnership: www.ucu.org.uk/educationsupportpartnership
UCU national website
You may also be able to find out answers to your questions here: https://ucu.custhelp.com/